EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
This internship is based in our Midtown Manhattan office and is an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience working on lighting upgrade projects.
As a Lighting Intern, you will support the Lighting Department in many aspects of lighting upgrade projects, including site visits & data collection, data input, evaluation of upgrade measures, proposal generation, rebate facilitation, and other tasks. This internship is a fantastic opportunity to hone your understanding of lighting technologies as well as the turnkey lighting upgrade process.
This is a paid position.
- Conduct comprehensive inventory of lighting equipment in residential and commercial buildings from 50,000 ft² to 500,000+ ft²
- Determine the feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit analyses of potential upgrade solutions and generate proposals using EN-POWER GROUP’s lighting software
- Generate purchase orders, help keep track of the status and budget of projects, prepare rebate applications and other paperwork, and other administrative tasks
- Possess or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated passion and understanding of energy efficiency concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Detail-oriented and flexible with proven ability to multitask and prioritize work flow in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with numbers, calculations, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to work both independently and within in a team environment
- Possess or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science/studies, or other relevant technical field
- Previous experience in energy auditing or building science
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.