Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
This internship is based in our Midtown Manhattan office and is the ideal opportunity for students or recent graduates to gain valuable hands-on experience in energy management, building science, and lighting systems.
As an Energy Analyst and Field Intern, you will support lead energy engineers and auditors in the design, development, and evaluation of energy efficiency measures. You will develop an understanding of building HVAC, DHW, lighting, mechanical, and envelope systems. Your day-to-day will be to assist with building site visits, technical data entry, and energy modeling and calculations.
- Collect data during on-site inspections to document existing systems and associated equipment
- Write/draft energy efficiency reports including ASHRAE Level I and II audit reports, and Local Law 87 Compliance reports
- Assist lead engineers/auditors in the field to conduct energy audits and site assessments of building systems to evaluate energy usage and identify energy conservation measures (ECMs)
- Assist with feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit financial analyses for potential ECMs
- Create energy use analyses of building systems using analytical tools to help develop energy management plans and building-wide energy reduction plans
- Assist lead engineers/auditors with testing and retro-commissioning of building systems to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws (e.g., Local Law 87)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
- Pursuing or recently received a degree in engineering, environmental science/studies, or other relevant technical field
- Interest in HVAC systems, renewable energy systems, and energy efficiency concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Certified as OSHA-10 within 6 months of employment per EN-POWER GROUP’s training program
- Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens, using hand tools (such as powered tools, measuring devices, etc.), lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, navigating in small/enclosed places, climbing stairs and ladders, and working in loud, warm and cold environments
- Travel primarily within New York City
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
- Collaborative personality, strong team player
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
- Pre-tax Travel & Phone Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
About EN-POWER GROUP
With a mission of providing practical solutions to clients’ energy problems, EN-POWER GROUP was founded in May 2003 to be an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion.
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In our effort to ensure the safety of our employees, partners and clients, we require existing personnel and any new personnel who join the company to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.