Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
Based at our Midtown Manhattan office, the Energy Engineer II designs, develops, and evaluates energy conservation measures in multifamily and commercial buildings by using and expanding their understanding of building HVAC, domestic hot water, process loads, lighting, and envelope systems. After conducting thorough assessments of building energy requirements and expenditures, the Energy Engineer II presents and works with lead engineers to implement comprehensive energy reduction plans.
- Perform energy efficiency analyses for ASHRAE Level I, II and III, and Local Law 87 energy audits and retro‑commissioning
- Conduct energy audits and site assessments of complex building systems to evaluate energy usage and identify energy conservation measures (ECMs)
- Perform feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit financial analyses for projects
- Create building-wide energy reduction plans by conducting energy use analyses of building and facility systems using analytical tools
- Leverage potential rebate, financial, and loan initiatives to support project implementation
- Test and retro-commission building systems to ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws (i.e., Local Law 87)
- Utilize energy and audit experience to generate ideas and analytical tools for ECMs
- Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
- Communicate energy reduction plans and support in meetings with clients, such as management companies, building owners, and building staff
- Assist lead engineers on energy related projects by using knowledge to ensure compliance and proper implementation of capital energy reduction improvements
- Oversee and train junior engineers in conducting energy efficiency analysis and on-site data collection
- Support in maintenance and ongoing improvements of existing analytical tool templates and energy audit procedures
- Support junior team members in conducting energy efficiency analyses and provide site visit guidance
- Collaborate with management and senior staff to develop unique area of specialty
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Previous 2+ years of continuous experience in the energy sector
- Understanding of energy efficiency concepts, HVAC systems, and renewable energy systems
- Experience with modeling techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Multifamily Building Analyst (MFBA), Certified Energy Manager (CEM), or equivalent
- Certified as OSHA-10 prior to or within 6 months of employment
- Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens, using hand tools (such as powered tools, measuring devices, etc.), lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, navigating in small/enclosed places, climbing stairs and ladders, and working in loud, warm and cold environments
- Travel primarily within New York City
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
- Collaborative personality, strong team player
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Flexible PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Pre-tax Travel & Phone Stipend
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
About EN-POWER GROUP
With a mission of providing practical solutions to clients’ energy problems, EN-POWER GROUP was founded in May 2003 to be an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion.
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In our effort to ensure the safety of our employees, partners and clients, we require existing personnel and any new personnel who join the company to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.