Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
Based at our Midtown Manhattan office, the Energy Auditor evaluates energy-related projects or programs to improve energy efficiency of buildings. They document existing building HVAC, domestic hot water, process loads, lighting, and envelope systems. The Energy Auditor conducts on-site inspections and completes data entry, modeling, and calculations for energy studies and potential engineering projects.
- Collect data during on-site inspections to document existing systems and associated equipment
- Write energy efficiency reports including ASHRAE Level I and II audit reports, and Local Law 87 Compliance reports
- Participate in energy audits and site assessments of building systems to evaluate energy usage and identify energy conservation measures (ECMs)
- Perform feasibility, energy savings, and cost-benefit financial analyses for potential ECMs
- Perform energy use analyses of building systems using analytical tools to develop energy management plans building-wide energy reduction plans
- Test and review implementation of retro-commissioning measures to ensure compliance with Local Law 87
- Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
- Communicate energy reduction plans and support in meetings with clients, such as management companies, building owners, and building staff
- Assist engineers on energy related projects to ensure compliance and proper implementation of capital energy reduction improvements
- Work with interns during energy audits and other on-site data collection visits
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science/studies, or other relevant technical field
- Understanding of energy efficiency concepts, HVAC systems, and renewable energy systems
- Knowledge of various modeling techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Multifamily Building Analyst (MFBA) prior to or within 1 year of employment
- Certified as OSHA-10 prior to or within 6 months of employment
- Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens, using hand tools (such as powered tools, measuring devices, etc.), lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, navigating in small/enclosed places, climbing stairs and ladders, and working in loud, warm and cold environment.
- Travel primarily within New York City
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
- Collaborative personality, strong team player
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Flexible PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Pre-tax Travel & Phone Stipend
- Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns
EN-POWER GROUP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We regret that due to the large volume of applications, EN‑POWER GROUP will only be able to contact those candidates who are being most actively considered. Please bear in mind if you are selected for an interview we will contact you within 30 days of reviewing your application. However, if we think your skills and qualifications may be suitable for other similar positions, we may hold your details in our database and contact you in the future.