Position Summary: EN-POWER GROUP, founded in 2003, is an engineering firm that designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive and integrated energy solutions for any building type, from concept to completion. As a growing company, EN-POWER GROUP aims to provide a collaborative working environment and supports employees’ professional development by helping them pursue their technical interests through diverse hands-on experiences. Our team, composed of engineers, energy managers, analysts, and sustainability experts, focuses on energy efficiency and resiliency in order to strengthen long-term facility planning and maximize project payback.
This internship is based in our Midtown Manhattan office and is the ideal opportunity for students to gain valuable hands-on experience in energy management, building science, and lighting systems.
As a Data Analyst Intern, you will support energy analysis and data collection initiatives. You will develop an understanding of energy policy and building energy consumption. Your day-to-day will be to assist with energy modeling and calculations, technical data entry, and providing support for senior management projects.
- Communicate with stakeholders for data procurement (e.g., utility bills, client lists, etc.)
- Analyze utility bills to identify building energy consumption and potential opportunities for reduction
- Support team energy analysis and data collection initiatives
- Support senior management projects, including research initiatives
- Perform other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Job Requirements:
- Pursuing or recently received a degree in engineering, environmental science/studies, or other relevant technical field
- Interest in HVAC systems, renewable energy systems, and energy efficiency concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with significant expertise in Excel
- Certified as OSHA-10 within 6 months of employment per EN-POWER GROUP’s training program
- Possess ability to perform physical tasks including but not limited to: Standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time, reading and recording information on handwritten forms and computer screens, using hand tools (such as powered tools, measuring devices, etc.), lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, navigating in small/enclosed places, climbing stairs and ladders, and working in loud, warm and cold environments
- Travel primarily within New York City
Required Personal Qualifications:
- Demonstrated passion for energy efficiency and clean energy technology
- Collaborative personality, strong team player
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning
- Proven ability to work independently and within in a team environment, and to proactively identify problems and solutions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional Benefits include: Company Activities, Lunch & Learns